amport and monxton
The Amport and Monxton Community Charity was founded in November 2013 as a way to support local community projects. The Charity is established as a charitable trust, with six trustees all of whom are residents in the villages.
Objectives as follows:
- To improve the parishes of Amport and Monxton for the benefit of residents
- To encourage the goodwill and involvement of the wider community
- To foster community spirit
- To support local community groups and projects
- The charity is a beneficiary of funds raised from local events. The Charity also applies for grant funding for specific projects.
Projects have included:
- Paediatric first-aid course, for parents and grandparents in the villages
- Tours of Amport House for locals
- A village footpath map showing local footpaths and suggested walks
- The AMCC also encourage local societies and organisations within the villages to apply for grants from the charity.
Beneficiaries of these grants have included:
- Monxton & Amport Village Hall
- Monxton Church
- Amport Church
- Amport School
- Kate Cavalier
- Sarah Dowding
- Emma Jones
- Gemma Pearce
- Neil Warren
- Position Vacant