amport parish council
Please note that the Parish Council is just a user of the website, and any post on other parts of the website must not be taken as representing the views or position of the Parish Council.
Chris Harris– Chairman
Parish Council activities fall into these main categories:
- Representing the local community
- Delivering services to meet local needs
- Improving the quality of life and community wellbeing
- Local councils can provide and maintain a variety of important and visible local services including allotments, bridleways, bus shelters, car parks, commons and open spaces, community transport schemes, community safety and crime reduction measures, events and festivals, footpaths, leisure and sports facilities, litter bins, planning, street cleaning and lighting, tourism activities, traffic calming measures, village greens and youth projects.
- Parish councils receive funding by levying a ‘precept’ on the council tax paid by the residents of the parish. Parish councillors are unpaid and are elected to serve for four years.
- Next Meetings: Click Here
- Submit a Point for discussion at the Parish Council meeting to either:
- Mr Chris Harris
- Heather Bourner (Clerk)