IT’S BACK… not long now till the fete and as you can imagine I am praying that this unpredictable weather decides to blow away and fete day (Saturday 3rd July 12pm-4pm) is blessed with glorious sunshine.
We have an abundance of new things planned for 2021 as well as the old favourites. It’s shaping up to be a great family day out. There will be loads to see, do and enjoy + an amazing post fete after-party in the evening (from 7:30pm)
The fete would not possible without an army of willing helpers…so I am on a mission…PLEASE HELP! Below are the ways in which your help would be gratefully appreciated.
- Donate prizes– I would be immensely grateful for raffle prizes. I rely on the generosity of our lovely villagers for this and it goes without saying I would be hugely appreciative of any offers no matter how big or small!
- Volunteer– I need as many helpers and hands-on-deck as possible please. If you are able to man a stall for 1 hour, a couple of hours that would be marvellous, 4 hours would be even better!(Wo)manpower to put up tents on Thursday evening (meet on the green at 6pm), general help on Friday, and takedown tents on Sunday morning (from 9am)
The more hands and help we have on this the quicker and pain-free it is, so please let me know if you are able to help.
- Clear out your cupboards– please remember there is a home service collection for bric-a-brac, this year. I am collecting Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, between 6-7pm. Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to organise collection.
- Party– brings your friends and family and party on the green from 7:30pm. Tickets for the evening are ON SALE NOW…so book quickly before they sell out (www.buytickets.at/amportandmonxtonfete) – £15 for adults, £8 for children.
- Donate a bottle – Please donate a bottle for the bottle stall. All bottles welcome…wine, olive oil, shampoo, vinegar…you name it and we gladly appreciate it. Please drop off all donated bottles to Amport school.
IMPORTANT – HORTICULTURAL SHOW CANCELLED
Sadly due to COVID restrictions, the horticultural show is unable to proceed safely this year. It will be back in 2022 even bigger and better.
The proceeds from the fete go to our local charities, The Amport & Monxton churches, the school and the Amport and Monxton Community Charity. The funds raised at the fete are much needed and hugely appreciated so thank you in advance for all your help and support.
Amport & Monxton Fete … what’s happening on the day:
- In the Arena…Mullenscote gun dog display, Morris Dancers, Test Valley Brass band, Village games and sports day and our fabulous dog show…win prizes for junior handler, handsome hound, gorgeous girl, waggiest tail, musical sit and chase the bone
- Classic cars please get in touch if you have any to add to the collection.
- Food and drink…keep your thirst quenched in the beer tent, pop into the pretty tea tent for cakes, tea and coffee, strawberries and cream, Oh my what a pie…eat delicious pies from Ethels’s Pies or try the scrumptious Focaccia Van
- Fun-filled stalls…smack the rat, beat the goalie, welly throwing, skittles, coconut shy, sweet stall, corn hole, hook the duck, Made in Amport and many more.
- Tractor rides
- Fire Engine
- 9 hole crazy golf course
- Water Zorbs
- Inflatable slide
- Walk the Alpacas
- Our very own animal farm
- Jason Maverick Circus Show
- Punch and Judy
- Grab a bargain from the bookstall, bric-a-brac, accessory and toy stall
Amport & Monxton Fete …whats happening in the evening:
- After popular demand, the scrumptious hog roast is back
- Fully stocked bar
- Fantastic live music from ‘Tractor’
- Tickets £15 adults/£8kids …all dietary requirements catered for http://www.buytickets.at/amportandmonxtonfete
All the best